A How-To Guide on Programming Your Garage Door Opener
Garage door openers don’t get much credit considering how much convenience they add to life. Ask anyone whose garage door opener is broken to figure out how much these tiny devices mean when they’re gone. A traditional garage door opener usually takes up space when it hangs in your front seat visor, and it’s also easy to lose. However, the Ford Escape program garage door opener takes care of both issues, provided you know how to program HomeLink in your vehicle. With this smart system at your fingertips, you can expediently slip and out of your garage without having to manually open/close the garage door or even stepping out of your Ford.
Here’s how to program garage door opener:
1. Start by turning on your Ford Escape.
2. Take your old garage door control and bring it within a few inches from the Ford HomeLink button. The gap should not be more than a couple of inches.
3. Press down and hold the key on your garage door transmitter as well as the HomeLink that you want to be assigned for the garage door. Observe the light on your HomeLink system. When it changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink, release both buttons.
4. Press on the HomeLink button once more for five seconds. Once this button is released, your garage door will move. If it does not, repeat step 3. If it’s still not moving, go to step 5.
5. If the HomeLink system light is still on, your programming is complete. If it keeps flashing before changing to continuous light, then you will need to check the garage door opener motor. Press and hold down the learn button on the garage door motor.
6. Within 30 seconds, press and hold down the HomeLink key for 2 seconds. Once released, press and hold once again for another 2 seconds.
With these steps, you will be able to quickly work your Ford Escape program garage door opener. For more assistance with your Ford Miami FL car, visit our Gus Machado Ford Hialeah dealership in Hialeah, FL, which also serves the nearby cities of Medley, West Little River, and Miami Springs.