How to Program a Ford Escape Garage Door Opener
A garage door opener can make your driving experience so much easier. You can easily slide in and out of your garage without having to step out of your vehicle and manually open or close your garage door.
With a garage door opener, all it takes is a press of a button for the garage doors to open or close on their own. If you own a Ford Escape, here are the steps to follow to program your garage door opener.
- Turn on your vehicle.
- Hold your old garage door transmitter just a few inches away from the HomeLink button panel. Note that the gap should be no more than a few inches.
- Choose the HomeLink button you want to program. To do so, press and hold the transmitter button as well as the HomeLink button that you want to assign the garage door to. As soon as the light on the HomeLink system starts to blink faster, it means that the buttons can be released.
- Press and hold only the HomeLink button again for five seconds – this time, without the transmitter button. Once you release the button, you will see that your garage door starts rolling. In case your garage door fails to move, try step 4 again. If it still doesn’t work on the second try, you can move on to the next step.
- If you notice that the light on the HomeLink system is switched on, the programming is complete. However, if the system light flashes first and then shifts to a continuous beam, it means that you will have to access the garage door opener motor within your garage. To do so, press and hold the learn button on your garage door opener motor.
- After 30 seconds of pressing and holding the learn button, press and hold the HomeLink button for two seconds. After you release it, hold the button down for 2 seconds again.
With these steps, configuring your Ford Escape Garage Door Opener has never been easier!